Monday, April 16, 2012

Places and things to do in Dijon

I am going to Dijon in late April and am loking for a place to stay. Also, how easy is it to get from Paris to Dijon? I%26#39;m also thinking of taking a day and touring a few wineries in Beaune. Any recommendations on the best wineries to see. I%26#39;ve been thinking of going to Vougeot. Good choice?



Thx!




|||



Hi, tell us more about what you%26#39;re looking for, what your budget is, if you prefer a hotel or a self catering accommodation, how long you%26#39;ll be staying...



Will you have a car to go around Dijon? There are many wineries between Dijon and Beaune where you can pop in, when you see the sign %26quot;dégustations%26quot; (tastings).





As you%26#39;re new here, I would suggest you have a look at the previous postings on the Burgundy forum, you will find many interesting things. :-)



Happy travels!




|||



I forgot to ad it is very easy to go from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Dijon! 1h40 by TGV (high speed train) 15 trains a day.



And you can even get some cheap tickets (25€) if you can get Prem%26#39;s.



check http://www.voyages-sncf.com




|||



What is Prems? I lovethe idea of cheap tix. I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;l rent a car in dijon unless it%26#39;s easy and mod priced. I was thinking of taking either a bus or one of the wine tours to Beaune on our second day. Is there enough wineries inDijon to just stay there or would I be missing a lot if I didn%26#39;t go to Beaune.





I want to have a completely different experience than Paris.



Thx!




|||



How long will stay here? Please try to be more precise :-)



The Prem%26#39;s is a cheap ticket you can find when you book some time in advance so I%26#39;m afraid there are not anymore as we already are the 16th. I tried for the dates 28-30 the cheapest I could find was 30€ and 37€ which is not too bad.




|||



Sorry....We will be in Dijon for one day. We are thinking of staying overnight and heading for Beaune the next day for a few wine tours. I am in Paris for 11 days and am still trying to figure out how long to spend in Burgundy. I%26#39;ve heard it%26#39;s sooo beautiful that I want to make sure i get there. I also checked on Prem tics and found the same prices. Will it be hard to get a tic if I wait until that morning? Also, since we%26#39;re not sure whether we will stay overnight I haven%26#39;t booked a hotel yet. I%26#39;ve heard it should be fine..what do you think?



Thx again for all your help!




|||



Dijon for one night is very (too) short! I%26#39;m having some guests who reckon 6 nights for Dijon and around are too short.



You didn%26#39;t tell me your budget for a hotel (1 star?), I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll find any self catering accommodations for one night only, but check www.cotedor-tourisme.com all of them are there.



You should be able to find a hotel on the same day.



good luck! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment