Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trip Report

Its been a while, but I just realized that after so many of you made so many good suggestions, I never got around to filing my trip report, so here it goes.





We took your suggestions to rent an apartment in Paris, and couldn%26#39;t be happier. We rented from Didier through VRBO and it was AMAZING.





The apartment was in Montparnasse. The rate was awesome and the apartment was soooooo cool.





We felt parisians while we stayed there, we shopped around for food and cooked and drank wine. We went in december and it snowed when we got there, it was a wonderful experience.





I would recommend renting from Didier anytime. He was great. He met us at the apartment, gave us great metro and streed directions to get there and answered all of our questions. The apartment had clean linens and towels, coffe and tea and a full working kitchen, dishwasher and dishwasher sopa included. We had a blast.





I recommend renting an apartment to anyone. The experience can%26#39;t be beat.





Thank you to all of you who encouraged us and helped us out....




|||



So glad to hear that renting an apartment worked so well for you, as hubby and I are renting an apartment, also. Also good to know you enjoyed your trip in December, despite the cold--but snow does make things pretty, at least, when it%26#39;s cold.




|||



Just a comment from the far north: I can assure you that snow looses a little of it%26#39;s romantic charm when you have been plodding around in it from November till March...




|||



Gittek, yes this Canadian could not agree with you more. In November %26quot;Oh! what a lovely romantic snow%26quot; in March %26quot;Non! pas encore de cette mer*e blanche!%26quot;




|||



How is the Montparnasse area - any favorites in the area? We are staying in an apartment too during July.




|||



Whine, whine, whine.... I%26#39;ll take you northerners%26#39; winter snowstorms over Washington%26#39;s swampy, humid 103-degree summers!!!




|||



Truffaut: Happy b%26#39;day and I second your description of DC as a swamp.




|||



We were students, so we were on a budget, but the paninis were great. Yummy, I can taste them now. I had been in Paris on the Summer of 2002 and had paninis all the time. I tried to explain them to my boyfriend and his cousin, but they just didn%26#39;t get it. We have nothing like that here in Puerto Rico. So for four years I talked about the paninis, and finally... we were sitting in a nice little cafe on Montparnasse and there they were. Toasty, tasty paninis.





The ham, egg and chesse crepes were really good to.





We like the cemetery at Montparnasse a lot. It was fun, now that I say it, sounds a little disturbing. We also went to Pere Lachaise (I%26#39;m sorry if I write them wrong) and hunted some of the local celebrities down for a while. It was very beautiful, with snow on the tombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment