Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Signothetimes53 and opera fans: Best seats in Opéra Garnier...

I would be willing to spend 110 euros for the %26quot;yellow%26quot; seat-category in Palais Garnier, but I would like to hear from anyone in this forum who has been there:



what is the view from the %26quot;baignoires%26quot; and the %26quot;loges de côté%26quot;. Would the 3%26#39;eme loge de face be to high up (that is too far) from the scene ?



operadeparis.fr/ToutSavoir/…PrixEtPlans.asp





Oh !! such worry and burdens we tourists have to carry.....




|||



Opera Garnier is quite small.



Loges et baignoires. yes but first row only.




|||



Gitte - I see you%26#39;re really passionate about the opera performance that you%26#39;re planning to attend. I hope you manage to purchase the perfect ticket. Good luck!!!




|||



I%26#39;m sorry, I can%26#39;t say what the view would be like from those seats. I%26#39;ve only been to Opera Garnier once, and we had seats in the second level, they were very good. But I don%26#39;t know for sure how the view will be elsewhere, though the Opera Garnier is a small theatre, so the view for most seats should be good, too.




|||



Loges de face are ok, even if it%26#39;s not first row. But for the loges de côté, I%26#39;d definitely accept only first row.



Personally, I don%26#39;t like the baignoires.





It%26#39;s quite likely you%26#39;ll be proposed different tickets, if you haven%26#39;t logged in for a couple of days now. Tickets go first come, first serve, always within the chosen price category.




|||



We recently bought tickets to the ballet on the Opera de Paris website with the help of CocoChanel. We got orchestra seats for 63e each. There was a place on the website to click to view your seats, but what you actually see is the view of the stage from your seats. After you see your view, you can decide if you want to buy the tickets.




|||



Questions for CocoChanel and iaatf:


This is luckily not relevant for me untill 14th of February next year, but I want to be the first on the internet at 9H00 to secure a ticket for La Traviata next summer 2007.



By what principle are the tickets within a given seat-category sold: Randomly ? Best tickets in the seat-category given to those who are first in line to book ? (internet, phone, personally).



Iaatf: you write that you were shown the view from the seats chosen - I suppose this facility is only given in the course of actually buying the ticket ?




|||



Coco and iaatf:



I %26quot;faked%26quot; a reservation and found out for myself - what a great facility !





You actually get a colour photo showing the exact view of the scene from the seat chosen - and you get 10 minutes to finish off the reservation.





Super !




|||



Thought you%26#39;d like it. So much better than a seating chart. Good luck obtaining your tickets.




|||



Good luck, Gitte.



I believe, the bookings online come first, as stated on the webpage.



You shouldn%26#39;t have a problem on February 14. Just note that date somewhere, so you won%26#39;t forget! ;o)




|||



You will need to be quick off the mark with your booking! My daughter has been working in Paris and was only able to obtain tickets for Don Giovanni in February by queuing in person for five hours, having been unseccessful with internet or telephone booking. Availability was then very restricted - we got loge de face on 1st level, but 3rd row seats. At crucial moments we had to stand to fully appreciate the action on stage. Still worth it - it was a memorable evening, and I highlight of my trip.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment