Wednesday, April 25, 2012

museum fees for teens

I%26#39;ll be traveling to Paris next week with my two teenaged neices (one is 17, the other is 14 going on 15). I%26#39;m thinking of getting the Museum Pass for myself -- do I need to get one for the girls as well? I think I read somewhere that most museums in Paris are free to children/students.





We%26#39;ll be there a bit longer than a week -- we%26#39;re planning on spending most of the time in the city, but will be also heading out to Versailles and Chartres too. Any suggestions on the best (least expensive) travel passes for city transit. I was thinking of a 2 day pass on the hop-on hop-off buses to get acquainted and then a 5-day Visite pass for zones 1-3 to cover the rest of the week.





Lastly, any news on upcoming demonstrations/strikes/greves? We%26#39;ll be in town April 15-23. Any suggestions on how a tourist can avoid them would be appreciated.




|||



Your girls don%26#39;t need the museum passes and can benefit from your line skipping priviledges.



Personally, I don%26#39;t think the Hop on/off Buses are worth it for most visitors staying more than 2 days. You%26#39;ll be fine with just a one week carte orange.



No strikes/demos planned for those dates at this time.




|||



bobbis -





One of the things I do in Paris is use the Metro for travel going to an attraction, and then I take the bus back, at least a few times during my stay. It gives me the best of both worlds. I get to my destination in the quickest possible time, and I get to look at the neighbourhoods, too. Often on the bus ride, I identify places I would like to return to for a closer look.





I did the same thing with my teenaged nephew last year and he really enjoyed the fact that there were two ways to go. He said it kept the Metro from %26quot;getting stale%26quot;.




|||



Thanks to both of you for your advice and suggestions. We%26#39;re flying out tomorrow -- fingers crossed for a bon vonage!

No comments:

Post a Comment