Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Paris in Jan 2007/Good idea??

I am planning to do a trip to Paris w/ my hubby and we where thinking on going in Jan/2007. The reason we picked that month is because of the great deals we are getting on hotels and also airfare. How is the weather during that time and how expensive could it get (food, transportation, ect)?? We want to be frugal on our speding and food we could take it or leave it. Any cheap places that are not going to break the bank? Bistros, cafe%26#39;s ect would be ok. I know that a seat down dinner is going to be too much for our pockets! Any suggestions??? We are staying in the Place Vendome area?? Thanks...






|||



January is a great time, in my opinion, to visit Paris. Actually anytime is a great time for Paris. It will be cold and rainy, maybe snowing a bit although that%26#39;s not common. Depending on what week you go the stores have annual sales.









As to food you can eat well for little if you want. Paris has a wide variety of restaurants and cafes. Lots of people favor eating crepes, sandwiches (made with baguettes), and falafels as examples. Restaurants offer prix fixe meals with either two or three courses for a good price.




|||



We always try to go in January or February. There are hardly any tourists, so you can visit the museums and other attractions more liesurely. The metro and other transportation isn%26#39;t as crowded. The sales are going on. People get all excited about the tiniest flurries of snow....




|||



I did all four seasons and I prefer winter in Paris. The theatre and opera season%26#39;s are on, the larger mass of tourist are home. Paris really feel parisian.




|||



lilybelle --





As Sabrina said, %26quot;Paris is always a good idea%26quot;.




|||



I visited Paris this January gone, the 7th - 11th, and I thought it was a great time to visit, although I haven%26#39;t anything to compare it to!


The majority of the time the weather was cold but with crisp clear blue skies, it was a pleasure to walk about as long as we were wrapped up warm. Only on the last day did it rain.


Also we virtually never has to queue for any of the tourist attractions - if I went back another time I don%26#39;t know if I%26#39;d have the patience to queue now! The Louvre was still busy inside so I dread to think what it%26#39;s like in Spring and Summer.


I%26#39;d say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment