Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I've never been to Paris...where's the best place/area to...

Hi all



I%26#39;m planning on bringing my mum to Paris in June for a weekend. Neither of us have ever been to Paris and haven%26#39;t a clue where to start looking for accomodation and which areas are ok to stay in and which are dodgy.



Any recommendations would be great!



Thanks



Niamh




|||



When will you travel?



What%26#39;s your budget?





The standard, but necessary question, sorry.




|||



We will be travelling on June 23rd. It%26#39;s only for the weekend. Budget is open, it really depends on how close to the attractions we would be etc. As I%26#39;m bringing my mum I%26#39;d like it to be fairly decent but it doesn%26#39;t have to be 5 star




|||



If this is your first time, I would suggest you to stay in St. Germain des Pres area (6 and 7th arrondissement). It%26#39;s very center, and it%26#39;s close to everything. But one backside: it%26#39;s one of the most expensive area in Paris.




|||



I disagree that St. Germain De Pres is is one of the most expensive parts of Paris. I have stayed in that area a number of times in 3 star hotels with very reasonable rates. try the Hotel Moderne St. Germain on Rue de Escoles. I agree that this area is the place to stay. it%26#39;s vibrant, with many good restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment