Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hats - to wear or not to wear

We will be visiting Paris in June for 3 weeks and like all other tourists we will be putting in the hard yards strolling around. My partner is follically challenged - and usually wears a hat when outdoors in the sun for any length of time. My question is - what type of hats do bald Parisian men wear to avoid looking like they have over imbibed on the red wine (which may be something my partner is liable to do)?




|||



You do not see that many hats but when you see them, they are of all kinds including baseball hats.




|||



This is a good question - it had me looking at my photos for the past few years. For gentlemen of a certain age it appears that classic flat caps in white were the go. Not felt or tweed ones - I assume they are some sort of heavy cotton.



Either that or baseball caps but flat caps are so much more stylish. If your partner has a big head (I cant get Akubras to fit) then he will find buying hats in Paris a revelation - France is the only place in the world I can find hats to fit. Every visit I buy a new one, and it make me look tres chic - and very gallic :)




|||



Wiz...since you seem knowledgeable about hats...hubby has an oval head and has trouble finding hats that fit--would he have luck in Paris also with hats?




|||



Last year I wore my trusty Tilley and it didn%26#39;t seems to be out of context anywhere




|||



Do I smell maribou??? :)




|||



Funny you mention, Truffaut, I smell béret!




|||



%26quot;I%26#39;m looking at the world through rose-colored glasses...%26quot;





Must be why I am seeing pink...




|||



I didnt mention beret deliberately - and now look what you went and done....... You can only wear a beret if you have a stripey jumper and a string of onions on your handlebars.





Demon22 - a soft cap will fit any shape head, and I have no doubt that himself will find a hat in Paris to suite. I have a %26quot;problematic%26quot; head (HA!) and never have problems





I would avoid the Grand Magasins (cliche shops) in Paris for this item and try C%26amp;A or TATI or the like. Besides - as a utility item, you dont want to be spending a month trying to find the hats in Printemps.





Or is it just me that can never find anything in that rabbit warren?




|||



misstriptx





I meant you, not Demon.......




|||



LOL...merci beaucoup, Wiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment