Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NIce Hotels

We%26#39;ll be going to Nice in August, 2 teenagers, my husband and myself. We%26#39;ll be there for 4 nights. If this was your first trip to Nice and could stay anywhere, where would you stay? I%26#39;m torn between the La Perouse, Hotel Suisse, Windsor, Negresco, Splendid and Cigales. I%26#39;ve read so much on Trip Advisor that my head is spinning. I want charm, great location ( we%26#39;ll need to get to the train for a few day trips) no noise at night,and just a place that they will like.




|||



What is your budget? The La Pérouse and Swisse are in very different price ranges, not to mention theNegresco. But if price were no option, I%26#39;d take a sea-view room with terrace at the La Pérouse.




|||



Thanks, underhill. If I can%26#39;t get two rooms at La Perouse, what%26#39;s 2nd choice? Price is not that important.




|||



Go for Negresco or Suisse if not, both by the ocean.




|||



The Suisse isn%26#39;t in the same league as the La Pérouse and the Negresco, both of which are 4*. If you can%26#39;t get into either one of those, check ocean-view rooms with terraces at the 4* Le Meridien or Palais de la Méditeranée.





The La Pérouse is the closest to Vieux Nice, followed by the Le Meridien.




|||



BEG for a %26#39;chambre avec vue panoramique%26#39; at



La Perouse; preferably room 501 and the one next to it! The teenagers



will LOVE living in a rock! Wait %26#39;til you see



the pool! And the stairways to nowhere! And



the view from the elevator stop! You%26#39;ll love



it! The 5th (and last) time we stayed there



we were upgraded to the penthouse and if I



thought it would help I%26#39;d make the reservations for you! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment