Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The ticket,the slot and other problems.

Hi.I would like to ask you something.It might sound silly but still i don%26#39;t get it.


When you enter the METRO you have to validate your ticket.So something has to be written on it(i mean the ticket is stamped).But this means that the coupon ticket of a carte orange


will be stamped as well.So,if each time that i enter the METRO i put in the slot the coupon,then it will be destroyed.From the other side if nothing is written on it then how do the employees that check the tickets will know if a ticket is valid?Is there a second slot for coupons of passes and others for regular tickets?


Thank you in advance.


P.S. Isn%26#39;t it a silly question?




|||



The carte orange is 2 parts. It is an picture id and a special ticket. The ticket goes thru the machine, but you get it back everytime. I do not think itis %26quot;stamped%26quot; everytime- the machine can read when it expires.




|||



ooo...and i forgot to ask about something else.I%26#39;m planning a visit to the wax museum (Grevin,i think it%26#39;s called).I think it is not included in Paris Museum Pass and moreover it costs around 17,50 euros.I think it%26#39;s expensive(more expensive than other museums).Does this specific ticket include a special show( so that its price can be justified)?



Thanks again.




|||



No, it%26#39;s not a silly question! Yes, put your Carte Orange in the machine in Metro stations. It will be valid for the rest of the transportation period. BUT, DO NOT PUT YOUR CARTE ORANGE IN THE MACHINE ON A BUS!!!!! Simply show it to the driver when you get on.




|||



For that price...I hope the wax figures talk, sing , dance..something!




|||



I think when i was there the was a special show with lights but that was 20 years ago so i don%26#39;t know if it is still on. I don%26#39;t think the price is justified anyway.




|||



Antonis: (maybe this is most relevant to females)





One thing you have to take care of is not keeping your Carte Orange (+ coupon) in the vicinity of magnets (e.g. in handbag locks). Magnets destroy the magnetic band on the coupon, so the machine will deny you entrance to the metro.





I had my coupon changed in the selling booth (I could not understand why it didn%26#39;t work - and I was half way to panic) and a French woman next to me in the line told me that maybe it was because I kept the card in the front room of my handbag, which is locked with a magnetic clip.





So after that I always keep my CO in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment