Friday, March 30, 2012

Versailles Tour or Self Guided Tours

Help:





Will be Paris again this year, but have not been to Versailles in 5 years... Plan to go weekend of 27 April.. should we book a tour in order to avoid the lines or large crowds I have read about.. If so what about Cityarama or a better suggestion?? We plan for a whole day for Versailles, but notice some of the tours say a half day.





Any suggestions will will be helpful. when I visited I remember a plesant experieince..



I am taking someone who has not been to Paris, we have quick 3 full days..Thanks




|||



You can buy a combined train ticket and château entrance (valid only for the state apartments) at the RER train stations.




|||



I hate to disagree with a Paris resident, but in fact the combined Versailles + RER pass includes ALL the %26quot;add-ons%26quot; in the price. I think the combined pass is a very good deal, and it will allow you to bypass the ticket lines. If you have been before and have a decent guidebook you%26#39;ll be fine on your own, IMO. No need to be herded round at some tour-guides idea of the proper pace!



Here arre all the details, in French only, I%26#39;m afraid:



http://www.transilien.com/FR/TouVers.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment