Friday, March 30, 2012

Follow up Jim Morrisom thread

Shoesy -





While you are at Jim Morisson%26#39;s Grave in



Pere Lachaise Cemetery, you can think about



Pasty Cline death in March 1963, JFK%26#39;s



death in November 1963 and Jim Morrison%26#39;s



death in the summer of 1971.




|||



Since the cemetery is supposed to be such a beautiful place, I have a feeling I%26#39;m not going to be thinking of death at all. All the lovely greenery might make me think of life.




|||



Shoesy -



You will be overwhelmed by the tombs themselves, some of which are very beautiful, others fascinating and historically interesting..



Near the Mur des Fédérés there are some deeply moving Shoa memorials.




|||



Is a visit to this cemetery suitable for someone who is visiting Paris for only the second time? I realize that since it%26#39;s a large place, many hours can be spent walking around there. I%26#39;m having a hard time trying to figure out approximately how much time I need if I take into consideration traveling to and from the cemetery.




|||



I went on my 1st visit to Paris. I spent an afternoon with travel and lunch. All in all I think I spend 2 hours in the cemetary itself, but just like Paris ...you can never spend enough time....




|||



I think it%26#39;s worth it if it is your FIRST and only visit to Paris. It%26#39;s really hard to describe the fascination of this place. I mean, it%26#39;s just a cemetery, right? Well, yes and no. It is a cemetery, but it is also a repository of history and a place of serene beauty, and can have a truly romantic feeling.



When you go, make sure you get a map and have some idea what you want to see. I%26#39;d think you%26#39;d probably want to spend a couple of hours there. If you walk back to the center of Paris - mostly downhill - through the 11th it will give you a chance to explore a chunk of %26quot;real%26quot; Paris.



There%26#39;s a really good wine bar/bistro on rue Léon Frot fairly close to Père Lachaise, Jacques Mélac. Good place for lunch.



Oh, and wear really good walking shoes for the cemetery.




|||



Thanks, RPL67.




|||



Well, Irish...I%26#39;m definitely going there.




|||



Ditto on the comfy shoes- those uneven cobblestones and steep hills will kill your tootsies!




|||



Actually, I plan on wearing comfy shoes the whole time I%26#39;m in Paris. I plan to do a lot of walking.




|||



IR (that%26#39;s IrishRovr, not Infrared) -





To answer your question, there was no Cherie,



Bo or Marilyn Monroe but my spoon stood



straight up in my coffee cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment