Friday, March 30, 2012

MILK...Lait Ribot? Whole Milk...

What is Lait Ribot? The bottle says..Lait Ribot Tradition Bretonne.





What is it used for?





I had thought it was whole milk but it is sour tasting.





What is the best whole milk to buy in Paris? I want the fat content and good taste...





I%26#39;ve tried a couple of different bottles but still haven%26#39;t hit on what I want yet.




|||



Lait Ribot is a traditional fermented milkform Bretonne.



Try looking fro the lait ecreme




|||



The milk bottles with red tops are full fat though are only half-fat compared to some other European countries so good luck with your fat hunt !





Oh, I%26#39;ve found that some of the bio milks seem to taste creamier than the normal full-fat milks in France.




|||



Thanks to you both for your input.





What do they use the soured milk for in Bretonne? Any specific dishes?




|||



Do not go for lait écrémé, go for lait entier, still has fat in it.



I saw lait ribot was included in a recipe for a cake, i didn%26#39;t try it.




|||



Yes there are specific dishes they are used for I use it to make crepes and in some soups .



It is similar to butter milk ,there are some uses in breads adn tarts.But it is a tast you have to like. It is very rich in nutrients.



I have friends from Africa who use it and Greek frends who just gave me a dish with it inside .mmm yummy




|||



Can one buy a small box of milk that does not have to be fridged for use on am cereal?





What is the name of it?




|||



UHT





Read all 5 pages about it here !





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k52578…




|||



I had bought-





Lait Frais entier (microfiltre) from Monoprix Gourmet.





Tasted like colored water!





It does have a red lid but isn%26#39;t at all what I would term %26quot;whole%26quot; milk.




|||



I tried that web site but TA won%26#39;t let me access it it keeps coming up saying there is a problem with that request. Do you have another way to access the web site ? Thank you




|||



Also I get very ill on un-pasterized milk what is the name of it so I can avoid it?

No comments:

Post a Comment