Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris Hairdressers

Thought on my few days in Paris I might get a sassy new look, can any of you recommend a good ladies hair stylist, not too expensive, who could do a good job - ahhhh - 100Eu, should be able to get a great cut for this right?



x




|||



The best cut I have had in my life has been from the Jean Marc Maniatis salon on the rue de Sevres. I have now referred three others who have all come out raving.




|||



Hey Phread



Do I need to phone them to organise an appointment - which district / area are they in please, trying to organise my schedule on my way up from Marais.



Thanks



x




|||



Hi BJ, since phread is away, I googled and found this website with the salon phone No etc. I would definitely call to get an appointment since you are only there a few days or take a chance and go in on the first day of your first visit and try to get an appointment on that visit or the one when you return





http://www.maniatis.com/salon.htm





Or if you felt more comfortable composing an email in French (they probably speak English though) you could email on





infos@maniatis.com




|||



Has anyone got an idea about the price-level in Paris for a woman%26#39;s haircut + stripes/reflexes ? Is 100 euros enough ?




|||



Gitte, That%26#39;s a good question. I have never dared trust my French to convey what I want for a hair cut and have only had wash and blow wave. I assumed phread noticed the price range when she gave her reply to BJ but, as you suggest, it would be very prudent for BJ to check the price before she makes a booking so she doesn%26#39;t get any nasty surprises at the end.




|||



Phread, Anneparis or other ladies in Paris:





I would like to e-mail the salon for information about their prices and then book an appointment.



A haircut is a %26quot;coupe de cheveux%26quot; - but what would be the French hairdressers%26#39; expression for %26quot;stripes/reflexes%26quot; (I don%26#39;t even know if it%26#39;s called that in English) ??




|||



I%26#39;m guessing but I think you%26#39;re talking about Highlights. Am I right? Where you get lighter strips of colour in your hair.





In French it would be Mèches. I looked it up on a Paris hair salon%26#39;s website. :)




|||



Thanks Faux I just checked out their web site, unfortunately non english version. What I thought I would do is have a look at some of the pictures they have in their books and choose something appropriate. My French is almost non existent but I do know how to say no and gesture with my hands. Hope this will be enough.




|||



I too want a hair styled cut. I have 4 inch below the shoulder length hair. I know the french woman tend to have shorter hair.





Can anyone recommend a good salon that specializes in long hair?




|||



I%26#39;ve had good luck with a chain called Coiffirst. They have a store on Rue du Buci. I%26#39;ve had my hair done by several stylists there and always like it. They tend to layer when they cut so let them know if you don%26#39;t want that. Interestingly, the one time I made an appoinment I was kept waiting a long time. Several times I have gone in and been taken right then or a little later in the day. They only blow dry hair in France, as far as my experience goes, no curling irons, just those round metal brushes.



http://www.coiff1rst.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment