Friday, March 30, 2012

Montmartre: The guy in blue - Who is he?

Hi all,


We spent a wonderful week in Paris (returned couple of days ago). Too early to put all my impressions here - maybe later somehow. I want to thank all of you whose advices and information were very helpful for first-comers like us.


Walking around Place Tertre, I made a picture of a guy who really looked both exotic and %26quot;its own%26quot; in this place. I had a feeling that he was somebody who should be known by Parisiens and Paris experts.


If interested, please take a look at some of my Paris pictures (http://www.msnusers.com/ParisArt, picture #286 for %26quot;the guy in blue%26quot;). I would appreciate any information about this man.




|||



Yeah i%26#39;ve seen him on TV and his name escapes me. I think he has something to do with cabarets. Will get back to you with more info.




|||



OMG, it look%26#39;s like Karl Lagerfeld gone horribly, horribly wrong!!!




|||



Truffaut, I think you just made a joke, but after all, I%26#39;m amazed of how they are alike! Maybe, he IS Lagerfeld?!




|||



Its Michou. He does indeed have a cabaret in Montmartre.





http://www.michou.fr/




|||



Thanks Morgan! Alghough the website %26quot;is in progress... come back later%26quot;, I have a hope now that Lagerfeld hasn%26#39;t gone so bad! :-)



On the other hand, Truffaut gave me some hope that I saw the big man himself... :-)




|||



Your welcome! :) The french version works however.




|||



Yes, it does. Thanks!




|||



frommers.com/destinations/paris/N25175.html - Frommer about Michou.




|||



He also offers a free meal every week in his cabaret for people with no money. Generous!




|||



i think i knew that guy when i lived in berkeley

No comments:

Post a Comment