Saturday, March 24, 2012

Changes to UNITED Mileage Plus Redemption Program

I heard this through the grapevine, but now it%26#39;s official, effective October 16, 2006 it%26#39;ll cost us more miles to travel domestically and internationally for Standard Awards and some of the Saver Awards, go to United%26#39;s website (it won%26#39;t let me upload the link as it%26#39;s longer than 140 characters).





I just got off the phone with United and here is what else I found out:





1) So long as you reserve your ticket by Oct. 16, old/existing rules



2) They have access to schedules 11 months in advance



3) Saver Awards isn%26#39;t changing for Economy seats from US to Europe (staying at 50k miles), but is going up for Business Class (from 80 to 100k, that seems high, double check that one!) and check on 1st class.



4) You will also have to pay $50-$75 to book a ticket with less than 14 day%26#39;s notice (fee waived for 1k and Global members).





Anyways, if you%26#39;ve been thinking about redeeming your miles for a European jaunt, do it before October 16th.





Good luck,










|||



Hi, I just got an email from UAL regarding the changes. The fees are pretty high to me so it%26#39;ll be best to try and do it as soon as you know your dates.




|||



I also just got the e-mail from United. The thing that bugs me is that they%26#39;re now charging 50K for a US ticket (non-saver)...and then they claim that they still charge less than most airlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment