Saturday, March 24, 2012

Suggested Restaurant for Birthday

I will be traveling to Paris in just a few weeks. This is my first time to Paris and I will be traveling alone. During my 6 night stay at the Agora St. Germain in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain area, I will celebrate my 32nd birthday on Sunday, May 14th. I want to get dressed up and treat myself to a fabulous dinner. This is my time to splurge so although I don%26#39;t want to get ridiculous, I would be willing to spend good money.





I%26#39;ve read recommendations for Jules Verne at the Eiffel Tower and Le Coupe Chow in the Latin Quarter, but I wanted to get opinions of these and other places for a single gal dining alone at a memorable place.





Thanks!




|||



Forgive me, Le Coupe Chou.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Le Coupe Chow %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





LOL!





I don%26#39;t think even the most ardent member of the Coupe-Chou fan club would argue with the statement that the Jules Verne is at least a class or two above Le C-C iin terms of cuisine - to say nothing of the fact that is is several hundred feet above it physically.



But you%26#39;ll be very unlikely to get a reservation for dinner - probably not even for lunch - at Le J.V. with just a few weeks%26#39; notice. And the same goes for the %26quot;temples of haute cuisine%26quot; in Paris, for most of which you need two or three months notice to get a table.



The other problem is that your birthday falls on a Sunday, when most of the better restaurants will be closed.



Would you be willing to celebrate your b%26#39;day on Saturday?



One that is open on Sundays is Jean-Georges Vongerichten%26#39;s restaurant Market on the av. Matignon in the 8th. I%26#39;ve never eaten there, so won%26#39;t comment, but if it%26#39;s even half as good as his New York flagship restaurant it would be a delicious meal. Don%26#39;t know about getting a table though...



http://tinyurl.com/jofkk



Take a look through



www.bestrestaurantsparis.com



and see if you find anything there that is open on Sundays and tickles your fancy. If there is, ask for comments and I%26#39;m sure somebody will have something to say, and might know whether you can get a reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment