Tuesday, April 24, 2012

safety issues in paris

I%26#39;m a single early thirties female about to go to france for the first time. I%26#39;m not a night clubby type, but want to know a good area to stay in where I can come home after dinner/seeing paris at night without being accosted. I was going to stay in montmartre because it sounded arty, but then heard it was near the red light district. I was looking for a nice cheap two star hotel in a safe area. Dont care about trendy. Any recommendations?




|||



I would pick a hotel situated in an area where you can easily walk home to vs taking metro like in Montmartre.



Paris is safe and you will get a lot of looks and stares or comments but not get accosted if you go about your business.



Stay at one of the hotels rue Jacob in the 6th for example.



Perso I like Madeleine which has good buses and a wide choice of metros, and that%26#39;s a good thing since that%26#39;s were I live.




|||



Lilly, aphotogetc%26#39;s advice is spot on but my personal choice for a first timer woman on her own wanting to walk everywhere at night at all hours would be either the 5th or 6th on the left bank or my favourite the 4th in the Marais in the 4th.





Try the Hotel de Nice on Rue de Rivoli opposite the Hotel de Ville





http://www.hoteldenice.com/





or Hotel Sevigne in the same area and near rue de Rivoli





http://www.le-sevigne.com/ang_accueil.htm




|||



Dear All,


Thanks for the advice.


Lilly




|||



lilly --





I have been staying in Montmartre for 15 years. I travel alone most of the time, and I have never had a problem there or anywhere in Paris - actually, I can extend that to all of Western Europe. I don%26#39;t do foolish things like walk down dark alleys, but there has never been a moment when I felt unsafe. I was not so comfortable in Russia, but that%26#39;s another story, er, forum.





I have lived in New York, Los Angeles, Philadephia and their burbs, so I do know when I should be afraid. Find your hotel, wherever it may be, and have a great time.





Bon voyage.




|||



Try the Hotel Rive Gauche, http://www.hotelrivegauche.com, a nice 2 stars hotel located in the saint Germain des pres area. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated.Rooms have good size. It is a great hotel, it is really well situated near cafes and restaurants.



Enjoy Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment