Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hotels Latin Quarter/5th/6th

Hi!



Could you please give me your opinions on the following hotels in the LQ/5th/6th neighborhoods. Our goal is a nice hotel under US$175/night that is in this area. We will be in Paris the 1st week in July. Other hotel recs in the area are welcome too!





Belloy St-Germain Hotel Paris, FR



Best Western La Tour Notre Dame



Hotel Sully Saint Germain



Trianon Rive Gauche



Hotel California Saint Germain



Moderne Saint Germain Hotel



Grand Hotel Saint Michel



Abbatial Saint Germain



Hotel Vendome Saint Germain



Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny





Thanks!






|||



Have you tried looking in the Paris hotels list on this site? You can either click on the link at the upper left of this page and then search by area (Latin Quarter/St Germain des Pres) and price, or search for each hotel individually. There you will get a raft of user reviews in an efficent manner, rather than a few individual comments trickling in over the next day or two.



Which said, the only one I have stayed at is the Abbatial St. G. and that was a few years ago. The hotel was satisfactory and decent value for what I paid. The location is very central.




|||



I would prefer the Hotel Belloy Saint germain, http://www.belloy-saint-germain.com we had a great stay in this hotel. It was really nice and confortable hotel with nice staff. It is well located from steps ti the river Seine and Notre Dame de Paris. There are lots of restaurants nearby the hotel.



Go to the belloy




|||



Dear Banker82:





My niece and I stayed at th Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny a couple of years ago. We were very happy there. You can read reviews of the hotel on this website. I think mine was the first one written on this hotel. While it is not the most charming hotel I ever stayed at, it certainly met all of our requirements. I especially liked the breakfasts and the location, which was quiet, yet within blocks of the major sights of the Latin Quarter.





Bon voyage and bon chance.




|||



I have stayed at the Abbatial St. Germain with my family and can recommend the hotel. The location is approximately two blocks from the Seine, lots of shops, cafes, patisseries, restaurants, and ATM%26#39;s are in the vicinity. The room we reserved was a triple which was on the 5th floor affording a slight view of the Pantheon and part of Notre Dame. The bathroom was newly remodeled, very clean, had a swinging glass partition to shield the water splashing from the shower, and had a large French window. Staff were efficient and helpful and the cellar was nice for breakfast. Across the street from the hotel is the church of St. Nicolas du Chardonnet which I believe still conducts mass in Latin.




|||



I%26#39;m not certain my opinion can be relevant (it%26#39;s old), but I stayed at the Jardin de Cluny about 10 years ago. I switched from my usual hotel because someone else was paying the bill. My impression at the time was that it was a lot of money compared to a number of hotels that offer pretty much the same thing for a lot less (although their breakfast room really is pretty). Occassionally, I look at their website to see what they%26#39;re charging, and I%26#39;m just amazed they still manage to get what they do. I think it%26#39;s a great hotel in a great location, but I also think there are plenty of hotels comparable for less money.




|||



Hi, Banker--





We stayed at BW%26#39;s Le Jardin de Cluny for 10 days in May %26#39;04. The room and staff were excellent, and the location was perfect.





We had a good-sized (for Paris) room, very comfortable and kept very clean, for EUR130/night. I would imagine they go for more now (I think we happened to get a special internet rate or something.)





Good luck, from one NY Banker to another!





Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment