Saturday, April 21, 2012

Choose between 3 hotels in Calvi

Can anyone offer any advice on choosing one of the following hotels in Calvi?



- Il Tramonto


- Casa Vecchia (a room, not an apartment)


- Cyrnea



I think they%26#39;re all about the same price (budget! ~60 euros/night).



Or if you have recommendations of others in the same price range, I%26#39;d be happy to hear them. I%26#39;ll be there in late June-early July.



Many thanks!




|||



I only know Il Tramonto and Cyrnea. Out of those I would definitely go for Il Tramonto. Better location, great views. (Although Cyrnea has a pool, I am not sure that Il Tramonto has one.) Back in the 80s it was owned and run by a very eccentric but lovely lady called Madame Zedde, who was actually Italian. I think she was still there when I was last in Calvi in 1997. Cyrnea is very basic but perfectly fine. It%26#39;s out of town a bit though.



Hope that%26#39;s at all helpful and that I haven%26#39;t confused you!




|||



The only one I know is the Casa Vecchia, stayed there in 1966 with my parents and then visited it last summer when we were in Calvi (revisiting happy childhood memories and all that). It is officially a 2 star hotel, there is a tourist board plaque outside confirming this, and it is an old characterful building with covered patio area (which hadn%26#39;t changed since 1966) but slightly shabby. Location wise, it is fairly central, not far from the beach, plenty of parking. At 60 euros a night for a room in the summer, its not a lot of money to stay in Calvi. The setting of the hotel has been spoilt by the arrival of a large Super U supermarket next door but that might be convenient for some. Hope this may be of help. Happy holidays.




|||



That%26#39;s not confusing -- it%26#39;s very helpful! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment