Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Artesia Train from Paris to Venice

Hi,





Can someone tell me if the morning or night artesia trains pass through switzerland?



I ask because my Schengen Visa does not cover switzerland, but it covers France and Italy. If the train passes through Lausanne or so, I will need another visa.





Thanks




|||



There are a couple of possible ways (or perhaps more) of getting to Paris by train from Venice. Some routes go through Switzerland, and get to Paris via Basel. But I think the faster day trains go via Milan and Torino and do not pass through Switzerland.



At a wild guess I%26#39;d say that if you arrive at Gare de Lyon in Paris you%26#39;re OK. If you arrive at Gare de l%26#39;Est, you are not.



I think your best place to check would be (believe it or not...) the German rail web site www.bahn.de If you search their online timetables for trains from Venezia (Venice) to Paris on the date you are travelling, you should be able to find the actual trains you are interested in. By selecting those trains and clicking a button beneath the summary timetable, you should get a listing of all the intermediate stops that train makes.



This will give you your answer for sure.




|||



Hi,





Thanks for the info.



I checked up on DB and Trenitalia site.



There are 2 types:





1) Go via Lausanne. Out for me



2) Go via Dole-Ville-Domodossola





For option 2, I am not sure if the train passes through any part of switzerland between these 2 places.





Can anyone help?




|||



Singapore passport holders do not require a visa to enter Switzerland.




|||



I am a singapore permanent resident, but not a passport holder. thx




|||



There are Artesia routes that do not go through Switzerland. You can tell which ones they are because they travel through Lyon, Chambery and Torino. A map of the Artesia route is available at www.railserve.com/jump/jump.cgi?ID=1098. Buon viaggio!




|||



Any train that passes through Dole and Domodossola will also pass through Switzerland.



What you need to do is search for trains that go through Torino and Milan. I am not sure if the Artesia schedules to Venice actually follow this route, but, if not, you could just go to Milan via Torino on the Artesia train and then take a Trenitalia train fom there.





I don%26#39;t know why I didn%26#39;t ask this before, but have you considered flying?



You can fly from/to Orly with MyAir for as little as 5€ plus taxes or to/from Beauvais with Ryanair.





www.myair.com



www.ryanair.com





I just realized that I am not sure which direction you are travelling in, nor of the date. If you have other questions, these might be important bits of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment