Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Paris Tour guide like ContextRome

Does anyone know of Paris has a tour guide organization similar to the ContextRome group in Italy? (variety of professionals...ex: architects... that also serve as tour guides offering customized tours of the city relating to specific areas of interest/hobbies).




|||



I have no idea what ContextRome is but there are a few tour companies in Paris you can look up on the internet:



Paris vision



Cityrama



paris trip



Paris excursion



Paris Walks



France tourisme



For the customized excursions tehre is none that comes to my mind, I know certain high end hotels offer this to their clients. Maybe Raphy can give you more informations.




|||



There is an affiliated group in Paris called, not surprisingly, ContextParis. Their website: http://paris.contexttravel.com/ They are not as big as the ContextRome group and don%26#39;t have as many options, but they are operated on the same principle. Currently they only offer private tours (you book a guide for up to six people), rather than offering tours that you can join on a per-person basis, as in Rome.




|||



I go to Rome often and it seems the tour guide is much more common over there. I used someone that I found amazing and was similar to context in that it was an American staying overseas, so not only was his english perfect but he was a pleasure to be with and you could explain what you wanted. I don%26#39;t know if he was as %26quot;degreed%26quot; as context are supposed to be, but I don%26#39;t think that matters.





Phread referred me, and I guess if you look at the beginning of March, you can find his recommendation in a post to me under by screen name or try searching something like tour guides. He includes the link which I%26#39;m not sure of anymore but his name is michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment