Saturday, April 21, 2012

Terminal 2a at CDG

Has anyone departed recently from Terminal 2A? I was just wondering what to expect when we leave Paris from there in 2 months. The flight now is scheduled to leave at 10:40 am. I thought we would arrive at 7:40, and grab a quick breakfast before we board. There are a few places to eat listed at this terminal. All advise appreciated. Thanks in advance.




|||



All of the Terminal 2 buildings are sufficiently close to one another to make eating in any of them a simple matter (F is a little farther from the others but within walking distance). A simple breakfast should be available in any of the terminals. 3 hours in advance should be enough time for preflight formalities. If you purchase tax free items remember to visit the tax free desk first as you may need to show the items prior to checking your luggage.




|||



Are you flying on BA from that part of terminal 2?




|||



The flight is American Airlines (I got a cheap deal....)




|||



I had a really bad experience at 2 a couple weeks ago. Do a search of %26quot;CDG%26quot; and read my post. It is hard to know what the situation will be like there in two months. I would recommend you get there early. Also, where I was in terminal 2, there was only one small cafe and it was packed with people. There were also only three benches to sit in outside the gate area in one huge concourse and every seat was taken. This was at about 8:00 in the morning. The other thing I will warn you about is once you get to the gates, at least where I was, there are no restrooms. If you need to use one, you have to go out and then come back through security again.




|||



Theres plenty of building work going on at CDG at the moment.





Check it out just before you leave home - but as one assumes you will be arriving at CDG you will get some idea by the amout of chaos then





The secret with airports is arrive far too early (my record is 6 hours, but thats a long story) and dont be surprised by anything that may happen. Check in usually opens 3 hours before flight time, so I would be there an hour before that if you want exit row seats or anything like that. Just to make sure youre at the front of the queue.




|||



Most of the flights from CDG #2-A will be American Airlins, Continental Airlines or Air Canada. As for what the situation will be on your particular day of departure, two(2) months from now, these will be as predictable as what the weather is likely to be on that same day.





But in any event, making plans to get to any large, busy, international airport for an international flight, three(3) hours prior to departure time probably allows for most of the most common contingencies and is imminently prudent.




|||



We came back to SFO from terminal 2 with US Airways by way of PHL..





We left our hotel at 8:45AM (13th arr.) and got to the airport, checked bags and were in line for the VAT by 10:15AM..and at our gate by 11:30AM.. VAT took ALONG time and while waiting, I saw a snack kiosk which was pretty much it, so I strongly advise that you eat before you depart for the airport at your hotel (we got some baked goods at one of the local bakery the night before) and get a coffee or tea at the airport.




|||



If you can, try to check in by internet or phone and spend as little time as possible at CDG. It%26#39;s a horrible place!




|||



I think this is one of those times you should have breakfast delivered to your room before you leave for CDG, even if overpriced. Could be your last meal before you board the plane based on the construction mess at CDG. Give yourself plenty of time. I am simply relating my experience.





I flew out of CDG last Thursday (original spot to report to=Terminal 2E). I first arrived at CDG at 11AM for a 2PM flight. Upon checking first through security (before checking in- (France airport security HAS beefed up so expect to wait)and then with the airline (Air France), was directed to a specific gate at Terminal 2E from which the passengers were bused for what lasted for at least 15 minutes to another gate quite a ways from the original terminal. Once arrived, there was ONE lunch area with ONE cashier (even though they could have had 3 cashiers, they only used one cashier) and a LONG line of folks waiting to be served. At 11:30am the choices were sandwiches, chips and drinks. There was a vending machine for various coffees and snacks (junk food). About 45 minutes before departure, they started boarding which meant we were BUSED AGAIN for 35 minutes to where the plane was located. We walked up the stairs (covered so the stairs are protected from the wind) to enter the plane.





I was lucky enough to arrive at the front of the line for check-in, otherwise, I would not have had time to get a small meal before boarding. Give yourself LOTS AND LOTS OF TIME and should the unexpected occur, you will make your flight.




|||



Addt%26#39;l info - I left my hotel at 9:05am to walk to the RER station nearby, caught the first express train at 9:28am. Arrived at the train station about 10:15am (near but not AT CDG). Waited for a bus to shuttle to CDG (not sure how long I waited for that), initially was dropped off at the wrong section of Terminal 2 (I had called the airport to double check but misundertood %26quot;2B%26quot; instead of %26quot;2E%26quot;!) so took another bus to route me to the right one. By the time I finally arrived at Terminal 2E it was about 11AM. I%26#39;m just glad I gave myself plenty of time. Eat before you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment