Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trip Report...DAY 1

I am back from a wonderful week in Paris. I finally was able to take my mom and share with her all the many reasons why I love France…and it didn’t take her long to find the same love and appreciation.



Day 1 Saturday



We flew into Paris via Iceland Air. We were very pleased with the service and will not hesitate using them again in the future. After getting out luggage we took the free RER Shuttle to the station. Purchased Carte Mobilis (1-2) for Sat. and Sun. and purchased our tickets into Paris.



While taking the RER B into Paris…a young mom got on with his accordion and stated playing La Vie En Rose. My mom started crying! It was really a special moment. It really hit my mom that she was in Paris (mind you this was her first time out of the United States).



We took a taxi from the Gare Du Nord to our hotel in the 7th. The taxi ride was better than a tour bus! I was excited to see my mom’s reaction to the driving in Paris, and along the way she was quickly introduced to the magnitude of the French architecture and monuments. We really enjoyed L’Hotel de Turenne** stationed right between Les Invalides and La Tour Eiffel. It was clean, fresh sheets and towels everyday and the staff was fantastic. We had a view of the tip of the Eiffel Tower and were not even a block away from the metro and a supermarche.



After unpacking some and freshening up…off we were. We walked over to the Rue Cler market. Picked up a baguette, some cheese from the fromagerie, and some fresh fruit. Then we walked over to the Eiffel Tower. We had beautiful weather! It was great to see so many people out enjoying it. Children riding bikes, out for walks with their parents, or riding the ponies up and down the Champs des Mars. We found a nice bench in the sun and facing the Eiffel Tower. And dove into the baguette and cheese that I have long been missing.



On our way back to the hotel we knew that we wouldn’t be hungry for dinner. So, I ran into the Shopi and picked up some yogurt, bottled water…and other goods for the room. I will never as long as I live forget the sound that my mom made when she first tasted the yogurt! It’s probably similar to the sound we have all made when eating French yogurt! It was a success…and we hadn’t really even sampled the French cuisine yet!



DAY 2 to follow...




|||



Hurry, please.....





Can%26#39;t wait to read day 2.




|||



This is good reading!



Keep %26#39;em coming!




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;a young mom got on with his accordion and stated playing La Vie En Rose. My mom started crying!%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Was she the ONLY one of your traveling party with a hankerchief to her eyes?




|||



Encore, encore...




|||



You really give your mom a wonderful and loving experience that she will cherish for the rest of her life.



Can%26#39;t wait to read next trip report !




|||



KDKSAIL--





I must admit...when ever I hear that song my heart just flutters and the world stops. It%26#39;s only the secind time I have heard that song played in Paris...and I lived there for a year and half!





My apologies on the typo...a young %26#39;man%26#39; got on with his accordian.




|||



eab64 - more more more trip report! I took my mom for her birthday/mother%26#39;s day in 2004. It was her first time out of the country too and your lovely report is bringing back all those memories. :)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 pm, April 13, 2006


|||



I do find those musicians incredibly annoying for the most part. However, I find it charming that your mother was touched and was able to experience their playing in a different light. Thanks for day 1 !




|||



Hehehe Bob, I just had kind of the same thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment