Monday, April 16, 2012

Cool Bars and vintage markets - Pigalle area

Hi,





Me and my boyfriend are going to Paris tomorrow and I really want some first hand recommendations for cool bars and restaurants in the Pigalle area. Would also be great if any of you could let me know your %26#39;top three%26#39; things to do in Paris - realise I am asking a lot, but would rather ask you than rely on a guide book, so if any of you can help out I would really apprciate it!





Thanks,



Gemc




|||



As to bars in the Pigalle area - well, that%26#39;s a bit out of my jurisdiction....





Top 3½ to-do%26#39;s:





the Sainte-Chapelle when the sun is shining through the stained-glass windows





*lunch in Place du Marché Sainte-Catherine in the Marais district - you won%26#39;t get any thing more romantic Parisian than this





*sit under the trees in Place des Vosges - the most beautiful square in the world (not that I%26#39;ve seen the whole world, but I%26#39;ve seen Place des Vosges)





*stroll down the north-west side of the Montmartre hill: Place du Calvaire, Rue des Saules, Rue de l%26#39;Abreuvoir, Allée des Brouillards, Villa Léandre




|||



Thanks GitteK!



I have heard that Pigalle is the Red Light district but is still a nice area....is this what you would say?



Also any recommendations for areas to go for a drink and something to eat in a relaxed and friendly surrounding?



Thanks,



gemc




|||



%26quot;relaxed and friendly surrounding%26quot;





Well, I find Paris as a whole to live up to that description, so bring your relaxed and friendly %26quot;I-love-my-holiday-in-Paris-attitude%26quot; - and an ordinary steak-frites will taste like a *****cuisine.....




|||



Nices places in Pigalle Area (this is my %26quot;quartier%26quot;)



Restaurant Le restaurant, rue Veron. Good modern french cuisine.



Bar in les Abbesses (very close), very popular : Le sancerre.



Two parisian adresse, in this area, not %26quot;touristy%26quot; :


Zen café, bar restaurant, nice terrasse and place to meet : place Gustave Toudouze (down, from pigalle)


Drole d%26#39;endroit pour une rencontre (%26quot;strange place for a meeting%26#39;)


bar and good eating, aand %26quot;meeting place%26quot;


Rue Caulaincourt (10 minutes walking from pigalle, up via rue Lepic)




|||



There are a number of Anglo bars around Pigalle and Clichy. They%26#39;re right on the main streets, so you can%26#39;t miss them! Also, you might like Lush on rue des Dames in the Batignolles area (about 10 minute walk).

No comments:

Post a Comment