Thursday, April 12, 2012

What do I wear in Paris?

Lol... I%26#39;ve just been reading some of the posts here, I%26#39;m 14 and a size 6.



I%26#39;ll be going in late December, and I%26#39;ve just been reading that there%26#39;s certain do%26#39;s and don%26#39;ts. I usually just wear jeans and a tight tee shirt and sneakers underneath.



:D Thanks!




|||



Georgie...



December in the northern hemisphere is not quite the same than down under, you might reconsider the T-shirt attire. Warm coat, scarf, hat, gloves, jumpers will be necessary, the only things you can keep on with are the jeans and the sneakers!




|||



:) This is the third time I%26#39;ve been warned about the temperature!! My dad said it was %26quot;unlike anything you can imagine%26quot; or something- the coldest I have experienced was about 10 degrees and I covered myself from head to toe! I guess I better invest in some warm clothing!



I still can%26#39;t wait though =D



Georgie




|||



Well then deduct another 10° from what you have experienced and you%26#39;ll have an idea of the temperature over here.



The good thing is you might get to shopping for new clothes!




|||



Hi Jorjee -



I%26#39;ve just been reading your other thread. You ask some great questions and you%26#39;re getting soem really good advice!



You%26#39;re going to be coming from Australia in the middle of summer to Paris in the middle of winter. So it%26#39;s going to feel pretty cold to you. You probably want to think about being warm rather than being stylish. Of course, if you can manage both, good on you!



It probably won%26#39;t even get to 10 degrees in the middle of the day. Most likelty more like 5-8, and at night it will probably be down around 0-2 - maybe colder if you hit a cold snap.



First thing is you will need some really good shoes or boots to keep your feet warm - and dry! And warm socks! It%26#39;s really miserable having cold wet feet when you are exploring a wonderful place like Paris.



You%26#39;ll want to dress in layers so you can be warm when you are outside but take off a layer or two when you%26#39;re in a restaurant or whatever.



I think you need a good waterproof breathable jacket. It doesn%26#39;t rain (or snow) all the time in Paris in winter, but it can, and it often feels cold and damp even when it is not raining. And it is often windy too. Sometimes you get clear sunny days, and then the city looks really beautiful. You can actually see the city better in winter because the trees are bare.



You%26#39;re going to love it!




|||



Jorjee !



Listen well to the boots-and-plenty-of-dry-socks thing.





Sneakers are absolutely of no use in December in Europe (except for indoors).





Also remember (or buy when you get here) earmuffs - if you are not used to cold weather remember that wind wil make the temperature feel even colder (chill-factor) - and that can really make your ears hurt.





I hope you will have lots of snow - that will be a great experience for you, if you have never seen it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment