Thursday, April 19, 2012

trip report/short

I use to live in Paris many years ago but this time I was traveling with my 15 yr. daughter. A totally different experience. We did the usual tourist stuff. But the Best thing I did was use Paris Muse --www.Parismuse.com--for private/semi-private musem tours. They employ American grad. students studying art history or students going to the Ecole de Louvre. They were great! We used them for the Louvre and for Orsay. I saw parts of the Louvre that I did not know even existed. Their guides were friendly and interesting. It was a great way to introduce my daughter to art and french history. We also did one of their walking tours which I thought was just ok.





We stayed at Plaza Athenee for two days. I booked a package on line that included breakfast each morning and afternoon tea. The hotel was perfect in every way. I usually do not like to stay in large hotels and was not looking forward to staying there. But I now wished I had been able to stay there for our entire stay even through my husband would have had a heart attack when he got the bill. We had a view of the Eiffel tower, a thrill for my daughter,a gorgeous bathroom and huge room. I was surprised how family friendly it was. I found it to be not stuffy , very personal and worth every penny. We also had dinner at the Relais Plaza which was very good. We had lunch at L%26#39;Avenue, a restaurant near the Plaza, which was ok. We ate there because my daughter heard that Brad Pitt likes to eat here. He was not there but I did spot some french movie stars. Lucky for me she did not have Brad Pitts home address.





We stayed the next four nights at L%26#39;Hotel , a small hotel in St. Germain. Our room was pretty but really over priced. Maybe I was just spoiled from staying at the Plaza? The hotel had a wonderful restaurant with only one seating at 8 pm, make reservations. The staff was very helpful and kind. The hotel is very close to Rue de Buci which has alot of restaurants.





I just quickly wrote this report so please excuse any mistakes. I mostly wrote it to recommend Parismuse.




|||



What a great way to visit museums. We%26#39;ll have to give it a try our next trip! Thanks. And glad you had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment