Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just another fashion dilema

I%26#39;m going to Paris June 1-5 with two of my teenage sons. Honestly after reading dozen of posts, I%26#39;m finding myself very preoccupied of what to wear so that I blend in without horrifying the unsuspecting French public. So far I gather everything black, no white shoes, little or no makeup and rip my fake nails off might be a good start.


Now, what about my boys what should they wear? Since we will be in Paris less than 4 days investing in new wardrobe so that all of us can fit a mold is not exactly on my agenda or budget. (and no, my kids do not wear oversized jeans or baseball caps but more casual sporty attire)I even taped some of the reports about the student protests just to study what they all wear and honestly I don%26#39;t see much difference between that and what I would expect to see people wearing in the bigger cities on the east coast this time of the year.




|||



I%26#39;m not even the right gender to be replying tto this post, but...





Do not wear all black in Paris in July. If you%26#39;ve been listening to the Wiz all I can say is he%26#39;s great about some things, but as a fashion consultant he makes a good saxophone player.



Forget all this %26quot;blending in%26quot; nonsense. You%26#39;re on vacation. All those smartly dressed Parisiennes are working their derrières off. Naturally they are not going to wear the same clothes you are. And do you think they%26#39;re not going to know you%26#39;re not one of them the minute you say something?



Wear pretty much what you%26#39;d wear if you were going to San Francisco on vacation and didn%26#39;t want to look like a hick - not that you could anyway, even if you tried to...



And ditto, ditto for your kids...



That%26#39;s my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it...




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Do not wear all black in Paris in July. %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Or even in June...




|||



Awww...don%26#39;t rip off your acrylics (unless your nails need a breather!) If you%26#39;re worried about it, just file them short and use nude polish. I%26#39;ve gone with my fake nails the past several trips and haven%26#39;t gotten any odd looks. I honestly don%26#39;t think anyone noticed (or cared) that I was %26quot;different%26quot;. Your boys will be fine wearing their normal clothes. My kids wore their usual stuff last year and didn%26#39;t feel or look out of place at all. Black is big in the wintertime, but a colorful top in the summer will be just fine. Don%26#39;t stress! Have a wonderful trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment