Thursday, April 19, 2012

getting to CDG for 7am flight

I haven%26#39;t even left for Paris yet, so I really dont want to think about the return flight :(





However, I will not have internet access there, so I thought I would ask...





Any advice on the best way to get from the 7e (Ecole Militaire) to CDG for a 7am flight? I usually like to get to the airport at least an hour and a half early, so that would mean leaving around 4:30am assuming it will take an hour to the airport. I know the metro does not start until 5:30. Should I take a taxi? shuttle? If so which one?





thanks




|||



Hi, Magstar. I%26#39;ve booked a shuttle with Airport-Connection for our 7:15 AM flight. We%26#39;re staying in the 1e and the shuttle is scheduled for 4:30 AM. However, our flight is domestic, so if yours is transatlantic, you%26#39;ll probably want to leave a bit earlier from the 7e. Our fare is about 75E, but for our party, a shuttle is necessary. You may be able to take a taxi for less.




|||



Hello Magstar,









My choice would be to just take a taxi. Cost isnt much more than a shuttle and they will be there on time and at that hour of the morning will probably get there in less time. You could have your hotel call a reliable one for you.





If you are coming home, the airlines usually require at least 2 hours to check in for international flights. Never gotten one so early so I dont know how crowded the terminals will be. Last time we went it took more than 2 hours to get through everything. Have occasionally been nervous about missing our flight because of a delayed pick up by the shuttle or traffic....never have though (knock wood).





Bon voyage!





Be sure you know from which terminal you are departing...there are more than one.




|||



thanks bea, I think we will go with a cab. Maybe we will leave at 4...ugh. Of course the traffic should be light I guess at that time of day. I%26#39;m going to really wish I had taken an extra day off from work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment