Thursday, April 19, 2012

Alibubba-Anduze?

Alibubba, I just read tht you have spent some time in Anduze and as I have relatives there I am curious. My cousins have a summer place there, and last August invited me to stay there, but, as I only had 10 days in Paris I didn%26#39;t go as I was concerned about eating up my %26quot; Paris%26quot; time since it appeared it would take a full day to get there, what with smaller trains running less frequently etc to such a small town.





So my questions are, is it that small, is there anything to do there for say three or four days if one has a teenager with them, and how long did it take you to get there, and by which route did you travel. I was under the impression that it is a very small place and that we would have nothing to do except visit and eat( which is FINE with me, but my son thought it might be too boring for him). Did you need a car to enjoy it?





thanks




|||



Since the parents of our foreign exchange student lives there, that%26#39;s where we stayed-for 5 days. It was jam packed and they did have a car, so they drove us everywhere. Anduze itself is very small and other than the market, people watching, and much cooking, we went other places. Nothing was far. We spent time at the Bambouseraie and Pont du Gard. Spent a lot of time in Nimes, going to the Jardin de les Fontaine, the amphitheatre, and the Maison Caree. (excuse spelling please) We also visited Le Chateau de Tornac because that is where she had her wedding pictures done and we recreated some of her poses, with us. We did our shopping in Uzes and just walked around taking many pictures of lamposts and bells and beautiful rooftop flowers. It makes France so much more real to be out of the big cities and with the locals. Of course, all this is made easier when you have friends that live there and are your own personal guides. At Pont du Gard, there were a lot of kayakers. Don%26#39;t know if you do anything like that.




|||



Thanks, and where did you fly in and out of?




|||



We started in Zurich, Switzerland, went to Italy, then France and back to Zurich. This time we%26#39;re starting in Rome, going to Florence, Venice, and Nice, then to Anduze and finally fly out in Paris. Just depends on what you want to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment