Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jim Morrison's grave??

Where excatly is he buried? Is it right in Paris or in the outskirts of the city??





Thanks




|||



Go to www.Pere-Lachaise.com and click on M to find Morrison. This interactive map will lead you right to the grave site. This is a very interesting place to spend a few hours.




|||



Errr, he%26#39;s in the city yeah.





www.pere-lachaise.com/perelachaise.php…




|||



Tennisfox,





%26quot;It is a very interesting place to spend



a few hours.%26quot;



I hope you meant Pere Lachaise Cemetery



and not Jim M orrison%26#39;s grave.




|||



Tennisfox,





%26quot;It is a very interesting place to spend



a few hours.%26quot;



I hope you meant Pere Lachaise Cemetery



and not Jim M orrison%26#39;s grave.




|||



Definitely go to Pere Lachaise. Along with Jim Morrison, you will find the resting places of Chopin, Bizet, Puccini, Delacroix (artist) Honore de Balzac, Maria Callas and Sarah Bernhart. Right outside the gates they sell little maps showing you where each of the graves are. They%26#39;re only a Euro or two and well worth it. If you haven%26#39;t been to a cemetery in Paris, you%26#39;re in for a surprise. It%26#39;s really quite beautiful and you can spend several hours strolling along. It may sound a bit strange, but it%26#39;s one of our favorite things to do. It%26#39;s very peaceful and a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. And it%26#39;s free to get in.




|||



Hi Vickysfloyd,





You%26#39;re a person after my own heart



when it comes to Pere Lachaise



Cemetery.





The number of photographs I have



of Pere Lachaise is second only



to those I have from the top



of the Arc de Triomphe.





It is going to be tough to decide



which 2 or 3 from Pere Lachaise



to use in my book.




|||



Randy - I thought I was a girl after you own heart anyway! Pere Lachaise or not! I think Chopin%26#39;s grave is absolutely breathtaking. That sculpture is awesome. Of course, I%26#39;m a bit biased being a musician, but that one%26#39;s my favorite. Put it in your book and tell every body you put it in there for me! Here - I%26#39;ll give you the copy:



%26quot;I chose this photograph in honor of a special friend of mine who is a musician and Chopin lover. The juxtoposition of the beautiful angel sculpture surrounding the grave evokes Chopin and his glorious music being looked upon for all eternity. Vicki, this one%26#39;s for you!%26quot;





How%26#39;s that!




|||



Père Lachaise is indeed beautifull but Jim Morrison%26#39;s is a real turn off, almost buried behind another grave. But the cemetary itself is worth a whole afternoon.




|||



Vicki,





Given my hippy days in San Francisco,



the grave of Alice B. Toklas holds



special meaning for me !




|||



Jim Morrison%26#39;s headstone has been stolen twice I believe and I do not know if it has been replaced. There were police or security standing near the grave site. On his birthday there is added security men. You take the metro to the cemetery it is a short metro ride in Paris. Do get the map so you can see all as it it is a large place.

No comments:

Post a Comment