Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jacket in May

Speaking of fashion- how heavy of a jacket should I bring for a trip in early May? I have:





1. A nice Ann Taylor, cream empire waist coast (more tailored and nice) with black pants %26amp; nice sweaters, even with tailored jeans.





2. A casual, black J Crew jacket that can be unzipped as a vest only





3. Go shopping for a new jacket or sweater?!




|||



Go Shopping!!!




|||



I love your suggestion.





I should re-phrase and ask more from a weather perspective. How heavy of a jacket should I buy when I go shopping for the first two weeks of May? Is a light jeacket ok, or does it get pretty chilly?




|||



We go to Paris every May, and we take our leather jackets. They work very well for us. And it%26#39;s something you can use at home as a fashion statement, even in L.A.!




|||



The weather in paris is very similar to the weather in the east/mid-west. I found the conditions to be in the high forties/ mid fiftys during this time of year. However, you have to be very fashionable. My first time in Paris, I looked like an American tourist, something you%26#39;ll want to avoid. Try to dress the way you would in Manhattan.




|||



So a black leather jacket, or any black jacket? No cream Ann Taylor coat I take it?




|||



I too went in May. I took one jacket. Woen it on the plane to save room in my luggage. A black belted lightweight lined rain jacket. Like a trench. Fashionable, light enough to layer, not heavy enough to be hot and protected me from the inevitable May rain. Since it was black it went with everything I took. Worked perfectly for me! I don%26#39;t know if the AnnTaylor coat you refer to is wool or lightweight? IMO, I would stay away from a heavy wool coat.





Have a great trip!




|||



Thanks- will look for a lighter, black trench raincoat!




|||



I think it may be warmer than the 40s/50s someone mentioned in early May. That would be on the cold side and what I had late March. For averages on temps take a look at this great website that will tell you the history for a specific date in Paris.





http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=paris+france





When I was in Paris in November I bought a black trench with Parisian styling (belt, wrist straps) on Rue Mouffetard market. The jackets were on the left side of the road in a coat store going south. I paid 39 euro for it. They were still there when I went last month. That may be a good backup in case you end up taking something that is not exactly what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment