Monday, April 16, 2012

Roses in Parc Bagatelle

At what time in the summer are the roses at the height of their blooming ?




|||



That would be any time you are there, GitteK...





;%26gt;)




|||



Sure ....... if I am not stuck in some stray bus between Orly-CDG-Opéra....





Anyway - I found out for myself. There is a rose-competition in June (so that must be it) - sadly enough I go there in May and July, but if your prophecy is right there should be plenty of roses left in July




|||



Hi,





We have visited in July and found the gardens to be very beautiful. June however is said to be when the flowers are at their best.





Best wishes




|||



Hey - I%26#39;m in luck! My trip is in June!!!




|||



Yes June, i think during the first half of June. Really gorgeous




|||



For Shoesy and other rose-lovers:





Take the metroline nr. 1 to Porte Maillot, and then bus 244 which goes through the Bologne-forest right to the Bagatelle where the rosegarden is located.





(Bus 43 from Porte de Neuilly does not go into the forest, and as far as I can judge from my map it is a longer walk outside the forest, than if you take the 244 directly)







www.paris.fr/portail/Parcs/Portal.lut…





I%26#39;m going in the last week of May and the first week of July, so I might just be lucky.




|||



Thanks, Gitte.

No comments:

Post a Comment