Monday, April 16, 2012

Woman alone, budget, museums: WHERE TO STAY?

Hello, can anyone give me suggestions as to where to stay in Paris. My priority is to be able to walk to the Louvre, Musee d%26#39;Orsay and Notre Dame (along with strolls along the Seine). I am on a %26quot;limited%26quot; budget, but would like to stay in a %26quot;safe%26quot; area...any suggestions are most welcome. THank you in advance for your consideration




|||



Hello Sinead, I%26#39;m planning a solo trip to Paris this coming December, and I%26#39;ve decided on the Marais area. Based on the research I%26#39;ve done and the posters recommendations on this forum, I think it will be one of the safest and interesting areas for a single female. However, I%26#39;m sure as long as you choose a location in one of the central areas, you will be fine. You%26#39;ll receive plenty of feedback from others on the forum. Meanwhile, you can do a search to look at various threads on this topic that have been posted previously. And, if you haven%26#39;t already done so, I%26#39;ve found Rick Steves graffiti wall useful as well. Happy travels!



www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/graffiti_menu.htm




|||



I%26#39;ve stayed in the Latin Quarter (5th arr.) twice -- the first time traveling solo. Both times, I felt very comfortable walking alone at night. There are lots of people around at night, and during the day lots of cafes, bars, restaurants nearby. And you can easily walk to Notre Dame. It%26#39;s a little farther to the Louvre and Musee d%26#39;Orsay, but you can walk it if you%26#39;re up to it. Or you can easily take the Metro. The Marais is also centrally located.

No comments:

Post a Comment