Thursday, April 19, 2012

metro from CDG to 7e

so I think I have this figured out but I want to be sure. Can anyone tell me if this is right?





When I get to CDG I am going to buy carte orange zone 1-5. I will then take the RER line B into Paris. Get off at Gare du Nord and get on the #4 towards Porte d%26#39;Orleans. Get off at Strasbourg St. Denis and get on the #8 toward Balard. Get off at Ecole Militaire (this is my stop)





Also, can anyone tell me what exactly to look for as to where I buy the CO...or will it be obvious.





I am usually never this paranoid about this stuff and just go for it, but I think b/c its the first time Ive gone to a non english speaking country. Anyway, thanks to anyone who can confirm my route or give me a better one.




|||



The 1-5 CO is really only worth it if you plan to travel out of Paris several times during your stay.



A lot of people get buy on either a return ticket from the airport to Paris plus a 1-2 zone CO or just a book of metro tickets.




|||



Given your final stop, you%26#39;ll be better off taking the Roissybus to its terminal, Opéra, and there hopping to the métro line 8 to Ecole militaire. You%26#39;ll avoid two not very nice changes at Gare du Nord and Strasbourg Saint-Denis. Plus taking the bus at CDG will avoid you taking any shuttle to the RER station within CDG, if you arrive at Terminal 1.




|||



we are also going to versaille, I figured out the cost of 1-5 vs. 1-2 (actually, someone on TA figured it out for me) and it comes out pretty evenly. However, if I dont take the RER it may not be cost effective. What is the Roisybus? I only heard about the air france bus which I dont think stops at Opera.




|||



Roissybus is the airport bus operated by RATP, which means that your Carte orange is valid on it too.




|||



thank you Bob! that was very valuable advice! It looks like the Roissybus is the way to go. And good to know that the CO will work there.




|||



You%26#39;re welcome. That said, it leaves the %26quot;buying CO at CDG%26quot; problem intact. If I remember well, there is a booth next to the Roissybus terminal, inside the airport terminal itself, but in typical RATP fashion, it is open from 9.15 to 9.45 on a full moon and during the %26quot;R%26quot; months or something like that. Seriously, I think it is only more or less open 9 to 6 on weekdays, but that%26#39;s for Terminal 1. At T2, there might be a more customer friendly booth outside next to the Roissybus stop.




|||



Magstar,





I once rented an apartment near the Ecole Militaire stop, and took the RER to Luxembourg (beyond Gare du Nord). Nice easy stop with just a short flight of stairs. Just across the street along the Luxembourg Garden Fence is the Terminus for bus 82. Take that for about six stops to Ecole Militaire stop. Bonus - just a couple of bus steps rather than flights of stairs. Better scenery, too. Return trip using same plan was easy, too.





www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan.php…





Have fun in Paris!




|||



thanks guys, now I have a choice to make...but both seem feasible so I will go with whichever seems more accessible when I get there. Of course, thats all considering that I can GET a CO. Well, I am going to T2 and also on a tuesday mid-day. Thanks again for the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment