Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Location, location, location - Patricia or Darse

My Wife and I will be in Villefranche in July for 4 nights, and are trying to decide if Hotel Patricia or Hotel Darse are in better locations to see the area


We want to be able to walk to the beaches, restaurants and town.


Any advice is very much appreciated.



Larry and Patty




|||



Depands how fast you walk but, for me, Darse is less than five minutes from the main seafront restaurant area and ten from the beach. Patricia is about seven minutes from the eastern end of the beach and twelve or fifteen from the restaurants. Both are extremely pleasant walks away from the heavy traffic that passes nearby in July.





As I have said in my Darse review, I believe that the modernised, sea view rooms in the Darse are the best value for miles around. I have never stayed in the Patricia but when my nephew, who lives in Lyon and is used to the heat, stayed there last August he found it much too hot and moved out after one night.








|||



I don%26#39;t agree with LondonBob at all.



We stay at the Patricia every year, in August, for 2 weeks, and we are not used to the heat, but we%26#39;ve never found it too hot!



To the contrary, the sea breeze is lovely and refreshing. We had stayed at the Darse a couple of years ago, but then we discovered the Patricia. And under no circumstances would we return to the Darse!!



Hotel Patricia is our little haven, and if you want to talk about location, then don%26#39;t compare the Darse with our sweet Patricia!



If you stay at the Darse, then by the time you walk to Cap Ferrat or Beaulieu, you are going to be so exhausted, you%26#39;d have to catch a taxi to get back to the hotel!



If you stay at the Patricia, then you can walk to Villefranche, Cap Ferrat and Beaulieu, and within 10 mins you are there, and everywhere! Not to mention the choice of beaches available to you, and all within extremely reasonable walking distance from the Patricia.




|||



Just got back from 2 weeks in France. The last 4 days spent in VF. I booked Patricia for the price and good reviews from this web site. I got the last room available which overlooks the roof and part of the owner%26#39;s backyard. The room is small but very clean. The owner is very nice. I did not get to see other rooms but the hotel stays full. If you get the room upstairs with balcony overlooking the port, you will be fine. As a woman in her 50%26#39;s traveling alone, I don%26#39;t like the location. Yes, you can get to Beaulieu and Cap Ferrat easily by foot. However, bus #81, I think, will take you to both places. For the last 2 nights, I moved to Hotel La Flore.




|||



I definitely prefer the Patricia. I had stayed at the Darse last year, and I felt so far away from everywhere! I didn%26#39;t have a car, so I had to walk up the road in the heat for hours before getting to the bus stop. This year I stayed at the Patricia after having read the good reviews, and I wasn%26#39;t disappointed at all! I had a downstairs room with view on the lovely garden with a huge lemon tree, the room was extremely clean, and I think that you can%26#39;t get better value for your money than at the Patricia, especially being so close to the sea. I%26#39;m planning on taking members of my family to Villefranche next year, and I will definitely book at the Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment